Aging is a natural part of life, and while we can’t control how our bodies age, we can slow down the effects aging has on us! From supplementing with vitamins, to a healthy diet, an exercise regime, and more, there are plenty of healthy habits you can include in your lifestyle to help you age with grace!
1. Increase your NAD+ levels
NAD is a critical coenzyme found in all living cells that essentially keeps each cell running optimally and plays a central role in biological functions. Unfortunately for us, our NAD levels decrease as we age, meaning our cells can no longer function at their best. This results in less energy, brain fog, dull hair & skin, and more adverse effects that we relate to aging. Thankfully, we are able to increase our NAD+ levels! The fastest and most effective way to boost your NAD+ is via an IV infusion. At Hello Hydration, we prefer this method, or an NAD+ nasal spray, since both result in quicker absorption in the body. Contact us to set up a consultation appointment so we can work together to boost your NAD+ and reverse the effects aging has on your body!
2. Supplement with Glutathione
Glutathione has been dubbed the “mother of all antioxidants” for its many benefits in our bodies such as protecting our cells from damage, detoxing, regenerating vitamins, anti-aging, maintaining our immune system, and many more functions. Similarly to NAD+, our Glutathione levels decrease as we age, making supplementation a critical part of living a long and healthy life, since without glutathione our bodies are not as capable of protecting us against free radicals and toxins. While we can increase our glutathione levels with certain fruits, vegetables, and proteins, the most effective way is through IV infusion which allows you to quickly absorb the antioxidant and get to work protecting your body.
3. Other Helpful Tips
- Prioritize sleep. It’s no secret that sleep is essential for our health. Without enough of it, our bodies don’t have enough time to repair or our cells to regenerate, which are both crucial for healthy aging. If you want to learn more about sleep, check out for our blog post on how to improve your quality of sleep.
- Be conscious of what you put into your body. Don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate cake here and there, but I also love fueling my body with green vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats, and I make those the priority for most of my meals.
- Take your vitamins. A lot of us are deficient in a few crucial vitamins, and supplementing them is an easy fix, and crucial for longevity. Studies have shown that vitamin C Is an essential part of skin health both as an antioxidant and a critical factor for collagen synthesis. IV Therapy is a quick and effective way to get your vitamins in!
- Keep your body moving. When humans age it follows with muscle loss and bone density, affecting our ability to have a good posture and making us more susceptible to bone fractures when we fall. Continuing to do some type of exercise or strength training can help maintain that muscle that makes our bodies feel younger. Studies have shown that exercise turns off the aging process in our chromosomes helping our cells stay young.
- Take care of your skin. As we age our skin loses its elasticity, becomes duller, and more susceptible to sun spots and other unwanted damage. To combat this we should include sunscreen into our everyday skincare routine, avoid tanning beds, use gentle products, and more. Learn more about effective skincare routines in our article on healthy skin!