As the Beatles would say…“Here comes the Sun.” We are experiencing record-breaking high temperatures this summer which means now more than ever we need to protect our skin from the harmful effects of sun exposure. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, skin cancer is the most common cancer in the U.S. It is essential to practice sun safety and stay hydrated. Here is a guide for keeping your skin and body protected this summer.
Tip 1: Sunscreen is your best friend!
We all know it, sunscreen is an essential step to safely enjoying summer. Men, women, and children over the age of 6 months should be sure to include it into their everyday routine, not just when heading out for summer activities. For adults, using sun protection can help decrease the chance of sunburns and skin cancer, and plays a role in anti-aging.
Here are some of our tips to happy, healthy and hydrated skin:
- Everyone should protect the face and other exposed skin with sunscreen that has at least SPF 30 at least 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Use a water-resistant sunscreen if you plan on doing water-related activities.
- Reapply every 2 hours if needed, especially if you are swimming and sweating.
- Protect your lips with the use of lip balms that contain at least SPF 15.
- Find the best sunscreen for your skin and test for any sign of irritation.
There are two types of sunscreen that offer protection against UV rays: Physical and Chemical Sunscreen. But what is the difference between Physical Sunscreen and Chemical Sunscreen? Know which one you are applying to your skin!
- Physical sunscreen prevents UV Rays from hitting the skin and uses two ingredients that sit on the top of your skin to deflect or reflect the sun’s rays. The ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide work together to create a thicker sunscreen that tends to leave a white cast on the skin.
- Chemical Sunscreen uses up to a dozen ingredients, which are absorbed by the skin and react to absorb UV rays before they can damage the skin. Since this type of sunscreen is absorbed into the skin, it must be applied at least 20 to 30 minutes before sun exposure.
Tip 2: Enjoy Your Summer Activities The Safe Way!
In addition to wearing sunscreen, protective clothing is an important addition to your sun protection. The more cover, the more protection your skin receives from sun exposure!
- Make sure to wear sunglasses, hats, and protective clothing. Tightly woven fabrics hold the most protection against UV rays. If you’re spending a lot of time outside, be sure to wear protective attire.
- Make sure you exercise comfortably and know the best temperatures for your body to spend time outside.
- If you don’t have to be outside, spending more time inside during the hottest hours of the day will help protect you and your skin. Staying up to date with the weather allows you to plan activities accordingly and not overwhelm your body with high temperatures and too much sun exposure.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water and take your vitamins. Vitamin C is an excellent way to help slow early skin aging, prevent sun damage, and improve the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, and acne. Vitamin C has many other functions in the body, including protein metabolism and regeneration of other antioxidants, assists with wound healing. Try out one of our High Dose Vitamin C Drips, which are excellent for fighting off colds and immune support.
Tip 3: Don’t Forget to Stay Cool and Hydrated!
Summer is all about enjoying the warm weather and all the fun activities. But spending a lot of time outdoors can leave your body feeling hot and dehydrated. Another critical factor to keeping your skin and body healthy is taking care of it by staying hydrated. Include our hydrating IV Drips into your summer skincare routine!
- Treat your body to one of our favored Rapid Recovery IV Bomb, loaded with 19 vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, it gives you that extra boost and hydration that your body needs!
- If you love working out, or are in need of an extra boost, try one of our best sellers, The Beast Maker, which helps improve your performance and is an excellent addition to your workout recovery.
- Glutathione Drips help detoxify and help with anti-aging promoting your overall wellness! Glutathione is known for liver detoxification, making your skin glow, and improving your hair and nails.