“Over the course of the past decade, there’s been increased willingness to recognize mental health as an essential part of one’s well being” – Nicole Spector
Let’s face it…life can be hard. Advancing in a career, exercising, eating right, paying the bills, establishing community, in some cases maintaining a healthy marriage, and raising a family all while finding time to yourself isn’t easy. It’s easier to act as if we all have it together all the time…but do we really? In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, but really every month, let’s acknowledge that sometimes it’s okay not to be okay, learn when to ask for support, and develop concrete tools on how we can love our minds just as we love our own bodies.
Your Mental Health is Just As Important As Your Physical Health
“Good physical health requires good mental health” – Nitin Namdeo
Your diet is not only what you eat. Just like you watch what you are putting into your body, be cautious about what you are feeding your mind as well. Did you know…1 in 5 American adults will have a diagnosable mental health condition in any given year. We can all agree that while taking care of your physical health is important, we need to remind ourselves how we can prioritize our mental health as well. Your mental health is just as vital as your physical health…and did you know that there is a strong correlation between the two? Let’s dive into how a healthy mind is interconnected with a healthy body!
- Low Motivation: When you are less motivated, you may tend to not want to get up and exercise, go on a walk, or even get out of bed.
- Lack of Healthy Eating Habits: It’s not always easy to cook a healthy meal when you are not in the right state mentally.
- Less Likely to Receive Medical Help: According to the Mental Health Foundation, research shows that people who struggle with mental health are more likely to have a preventable physical health condition, such as heart disease. In some cases, a lack of motivation may prevent you from seeking the help you need.
Benefits of Hydrating For Your Mental Health
Filling up your water cup fills your cup mentally! Did you know…your memory energy and ability to concentrate can suffer when you are not properly hydrated? Do your mind and body a favor, and give yourself a much-needed hydration boost! Proper hydration can lead to:
- Mood Improvement with Water Intake: When you’re dehydrated, your body sends signals to the brain cueing the stress hormones!
- Improvement in Brain Functioning: Dehydrating causes brain function to slow down. According to a study from Cambridge University, cognitive abilities and mood states are positively influenced by water consumption.
- Higher Energy Levels: Your energy levels increase when your body is getting the fluids, nutrients, and vitamins it needs.
Self Care is Self Love
When you love your mind, your body will love you back! Self-care is a lot more than just occasionally applying a face mask, pouring yourself a glass of wine, or treating yourself to a much-needed massage. Self-care is self-love, and self-love calls for making it a habit to train and rewire your brain for healthy thoughts. Here at 7 tips to give your body the love that it needs.
- Be mindful of the foods you’re putting in your body and keeping track of your water intake.
- Be present in the moment: By being present in the moment, you are allowing your thoughts to focus solely on your current situation.
- Take breaks: Taking breaks allows you to regenerate new ideas and get the creative juices flowing.
- Break up the monotony and try something new: Escape the mundane and challenge yourself to something different and exciting!
- Build a support system: Community, community, community! Surround yourself with positive people and know it’s ok to reach out for help when you need it.
- Do something you’re good at: Pursue your passions and hobbies and find the positives in something you feel confident in.
- Get enough sleep: A study from the Sleep Foundation shows that sufficient sleep facilitates the brain’s processing of emotional information.
Say Hello to A Healthier Mind + Body
It’s no secret, when you feel good physically, you feel good mentally! So give yourself the self-love you need with our ultra-hydrating IVs including:
- The Meyer’s: Made with different vitamins and minerals including Vitamin B and C, magnesium, and calcium to help with chronic conditions such as Asthma, Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and migraines.
- The Beast Maker: Workout Recovery Treatment: IV vitamins + electrolytes + pain relief to aid in fast recovery and performance optimization. Keeps your inner beast at the ready
- The Rapid Recovery IV Bomb: Made of IV fluids + vitamins, minerals + goodness + Fast Vitamin Push
- High Dose Vitamin C: Great for immune support and great for your skin.
Hello healthy habits, and hello hydration…Let’s learn to love our minds just as we love our own bodies through better protecting our thoughts, seeking proper hydration, and asking for help when needed.
For more information on mental health facts, statistics and resources, visit https://www.mhanational.org/mentalhealthfacts