Warmer days are here and we all know what that means…cue the spring cleaning. We all can admit we have that yearly ritual when we go through the piles of clothes we have been meaning to donate or designate specific time toward deep cleaning our entire house. Don’t lie, we all have that designated chair of laundry that never gets hung up or a bag of old clothes in the trunk of the car just waiting to be donated.
While we are taking all these actions to declutter and clean around us, let’s take a step back and ask ourselves – When is the last time we have gotten rid of our unhealthy dehydration habits and cleansed our own bodies?
According to a Harvard study, drinking enough water each day is vital in regulating body temperature, delivering nutrients to cells, and keeping organs functioning properly. In order to look and feel our best this spring, let’s learn how we can take proper hydration more seriously.
Spring is in the air, which means all those nasty allergies are too
While we all are thankful to see some spring blooms, we can all agree that allergies are not in our favor. Here are some ways we recommend staying on top of providing your body with seasonal allergy relief!
- Incorporate drinking water in your daily routine consistently to help flush out your system. Pay close attention to how often you are actively drinking water throughout your day.
- Vitamins, vitamins, vitamins! Did you know? Our Funk Fixer IV helps specifically with seasonal allergy relief, providing you with pain relief, anti-inflammatory benefits, and of course, vitamins!
- IV fluids are an effective way to fight off those seasonal allergies. Our Defender IV is made up of B vitamins, high dose Vitamin C, and minerals + antioxidants to boost your immune system and provide relief.
Spring is Full of Ups and Downs
If you’re living in Texas, you can agree…spring has its ups and downs. This time of year it’s hard to know what to wear because one day it’s warm and the next day it’s cold. We can get caught up in managing the changes of the season and forget to stay hydrated.
What’s easy for us to forget is that it’s even more important to stay on top of hydrating when the weather fluctuates. According to the American Heart Association, dehydration sets in when the body loses more water than it takes in. If you notice your skin is a bit drier, or your lips feel a bit chapped, your body is giving you signs that it needs help.
While we can’t control the ups and downs of the weather, we can control how we deal with it…so let’s listen to our bodies and make hydration a priority this spring.
Just as we water our plants and provide them with the nutrients they need to survive, we must do the same for ourselves and our bodies too. This spring, set a goal to better cleanse your body and system by providing a checklist for yourself to create healthier hydration habits:
- Drink water first thing in the morning: Drinking water first thing when you wake up affects many areas of your health. From increased energy to healthier skin + hair, having a cup of water right next to you when you wake up has a variety of benefits.
- Recognize the quantity of water your body needs: According to U.S. National Academies of Sciences, men should drink about 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day, and women should drink about 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day.
- Hydrate Consistently when outside: Be overprepared when hydrating, and always provide more water than you think you may need! Who knows, you may decide to add another mile to your daily run, or your hike lasted a bit longer than expected.
- Make our Hello Hydration Mobile IV services a part of your hydration routine: Goodbye dehydration, and hello hydration! We may be biased but our individually tailored wellness services are a great way to not only look and feel your best, but help you achieve and maintain peak performance.
As we approach this new season, let’s remind ourselves that in order for our bodies to flourish, we have to get rid of all old unhealthy habits and start creating new ones. While we are heading into the “spring cleaning mindset,” let’s take some time to think about how we can better cleanse our own bodies through proper hydration!
Just remember, the grass is always greener where you water it, so give your body the hydration it needs when it needs it!